Monday, May 19, 2008

Bugs away!

When my parents separated, my Mom, Davey and I moved into our house in Pasig sometime 1979. I remember that it looked so old-Spanish and I was so amazed at the lazy susan dining table we had. A few years later, Mom renovated the house to make it look more modern...more French-inspired.

When I was in high school, we had a termite problem. The reason why I knew we had one was because they began eating into the encyclopedias on my book shelf (yes, I said encyclopedias!no computers yet back then). My Mom called the exterminators who took care of the problem.

Since that time, I don't think we ever had a termite control service. Within the last few years I've been feeling the house rot away. It is so apparent that any movement or footsteps made upstairs resonate throughout the entire house.

And so, with the help of my brothers, I was able to put together some money to have the house treated. It's a good thing that my neighbors recommended Tita Ludy Magtibay's Systematic Pest Control services. They arrived this morning to do the treatment.

What I appreciated with this company is that Tita Ludy was on hand to supervise the job. She was pretty meticulous. Aside from that, I found out that the treatment not only covers termites, but ants, cockroaches and other pests as well. Talk about a God-send!

They were done after about 2 hours, while my kids and I were at the mall (to keep them away from the fumes). We got back in the afternoon to find dead or dying cockroaches which needed sweeping up. Instant effects! I just wished we could have had the treatment done sooner as there were areas of the house not visible to us that were just eaten away by these pesky pests!

For those home owners, just because everything looks a-okay on the outside doesn't mean things aren't rotting or being eaten away on the inside. Better have it checked early before it's too late and you end up spending more.

For those like me who search the web for most of their service needs, I just want to be helpful and post their contact details for your reference. Systematic Pest Control offers free inspection and estimate. You can reach them at the following numbers: 842-1083/0917-5010666/0917-5010660/0906-3013637/0920-9014373. You can also email them at ldm_858@yahoo.com or syst_pestcon@yahoo.com.ph

For now, I'll be able to sleep much peacefully knowing that at least for the next 2 years, our home is termite-free!

No comments: