Thursday, November 22, 2007

A footnote to "A Bed and a Bag..."

Just a footnote to my previous blog:

With the days winding down to my last day in the company, a development surfaced which has shown me the power of faith.

Our CEO offered me the chance to keep my tenure in the company. I could not help but feel that at least somehow my loyalty and efforts did mean something to some people after all--even if at the last minute. I was impressed that he actually took the initiative to really check with HR on what options I had, as well as trying to find solutions to my financial needs. Bosses like these are a dime a dozen, and I did appreciate very much the personal effort.

I was allowed a 4 month indefinite leave with the option to return or proceed with my resignation. After minor details were ironed out, it seemed like a pretty good deal.

Though to be honest, a nagging voice kept telling me to "go ahead and go", and I feared that I might not be bold enough to venture out since my comfort zone is just waiting in the wings, but in the end it was too good an offer to pass up. Would you have done differently?

Without being dramatic, I really need to say that I am so grateful to Him. This just shows that He will always provide for me and never leave me, as He has done so many times before. Even if sometimes I feel like I can't seem to find Him, He always finds me. God is great!

So last Thursday my company mobile phone was disconnected prematurely. What does this mean? The loosening of the apron strings has begun. But more importantly, that I can actually try to achieve my short term goal earlier than I expected.

Oh what a glorious feeling!



written 8-10-2007

No comments: