Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Man down!

It's a sad day for the movie world.

It has been reported that Heath Ledger was found dead at his Manhattan apartment. He was 28 and has a 2 year old daughter named Matilda (by actress Michell Williams).

Reports are still sketchy and there is still no confirmation as to the cause of his death. A bottle of sleeping pills was found by his bed but we won't know the real story until the autopsy is completed.

Rob and I love the movie "10 Things I Hate About You" (most especially the part where he sings "Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You")-this is actually one of our so-called 'Classics', as well as "A Knight's Tale". I was blown away by the actor's performance in "Brokeback Mountain". It's a shame we will no longer be able to see this actor grow into the big star that he was meant to be. I'll bet that there will be no end to the speculations as to why he died. And I'm pretty sure it will somehow be related to River Phoenix's untimely death years ago.

This is indeed another big loss for the film industry. Another case of gone too soon. May he rest in peace.

No comments: