Tuesday, January 1, 2008

A Prayer For The New Year

I'm looking up at the night sky, watching the colorful display of fireworks from all around. I momentarily turn away to greet my loved ones a Happy New Year and once again return my gaze to the sky.

As I marvel at the displays in the heavens, I say a silent prayer that this 2008 be a good year for everyone. That each one may be blessed, that each one may have peace. That each one may have just a little more patience, a little more tolerance for each other. That we can all learn to respect each other amidst our differences. To live and let live. That those who need be enlightened, be healed, be comforted, be given hope.

With all the adversities, strife and events that make you question 'why?'. May we continue to have faith and hope that there is always something better in store. It may not come today or tomorrow, but if we continue to live our daily lives, it will soon enough come to us.

Happy New Year everyone. Wishing us all the best for 2008! Hey! It's the year of the Rat! It should be my year!!! Can't wait!

No comments: