Friday, January 18, 2008

Rocco's Purple Star!

No classes for Rocco because it was Report Card Day! He was so happy that he did not have to wake up so early today. We brought him along with us as we planned to take him to Fun Ranch after getting his report card. Unfortunately we could not take Lex along as she had school.

Last quarter he was short a point of garnering a Purple Star or 2nd Honors and I was hoping that this quarter he would be able to get it. And he did!! In addition, he was again given a Certificate of Merit for Outstanding Conduct. That's our boy! I am so proud of him! I am so proud of our kids!! That made the trip to Fun Ranch a celebration of sorts. Too bad Alexa was not with us.

It was my first time to go there and I guess since it was still a school day, there was not much people around (a parents paradise!=) woohoo!)

We had lunch at the Big Red Barn. The menu was close to those of TGIF and Burgoo, but still wanting in terms of taste. After lunch, we headed to the bumper cars. Rob and Rocco shared a car while I took another one. Since Rocco is very much into cars (and planes, and Star Wars, etc, etc.), it was not surprising that he would enjoy this ride. We also went to the Bumper Boats and then to the Arcade
...and then back to the Bumper Cars. The complex is quite small and there is only so much to do. But it does have potential...I'm just not sure how they can sustain the operations during school days. The rides are also quite pricey...Php 50.00 for 3 minutes per ride..but as a parent, that amount pales in comparison to that big smile on the face of your little one.

From there we walked over to Tiendesitas in the hope of finding Wii or PS2 games on sale. Instead, we stumbled upon this toy gun shop, and Rocco's prize for his achievement? A shotgun toy, just like his Kuya Miggy's. He also had fun seeing all the dogs on display at the pet shops. Being an animal lover myself, I could not take my attention away from the cute Akita pups. A few minutes later, Rocco was so excited to go home to play with his prize.

I think it is the silent wish of every parent that their kids do well in school, and in everything they want to do. It is not so much gaining awards...that to me, is already a bonus! And at this moment, I do consider our family blessed. Alexa is doing good as well. Both are healthy, happy and safe. I know there will always be the hope for something better for them, but for now, this is what brings me peace and much happiness. Thank you Lord!

No comments: